"The Mortar can mow down hordes of enemies by the splash damage from its shell. Don't let enemies get too close to it!"
- Available: at Town Hall Level 3 (TH3).
- Size: 3*3
- Range: 4-11 tiles
- Attack Speed: every 5 seconds
- Damage Type: Splash, 1.5 tiles
- Targeted Unit Type: Ground unit. Deadly to Barbarians, Archers, or Goblins.
Can be turned into a Multi Mortar at level 8, which makes bigger splash with burst fire.
- Mortar cannot attack within 4 tiles.
- Mortar has slow attack speed and it actually takes over a second to reach its target. Its shell can be dodged by fast troops like Barbarians or Goblins.
- Mortar has low DPS (Damage per second): 1 shell per 5 seconds.
- Mortar has the least hitpoints of all maximum-level defensive buildings.
- Mortar cannot target air troops. Vulnerable to Balloons, Dragons and Minions.
- Mortar is vulnerable to giants and lightning spells.
DEFENSE AND LAYOUT STRATEGY
- Place Mortar closely to center behind walls due to its inability to attack within 4 tiles .
- Form a square or triangle near center so that they can cover the same area.
- Pair Mortar with Wizard Tower and Air Defense, which helps protect Mortar from air troops and covers its blind spot.
- Also pair Mortar with a storage, which can act as a distraction to ground troops like Giants and Goblins.
OTHER MORTAR-RELATED THINGS
- Achievements | Mortar Mauler:
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell's Fan Content Policy: www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.